High-Efficiency Furnaces Save You Money
Stop throwing money out the window! Assess your energy usage, get our maintenance tune-up, and Start Saving Money Today!
According to the US Department of Energy… “Heating and cooling your home uses more energy and drains more energy dollars than any other system in your home. Typically, 43% of your utility bill goes for heating and cooling.”
The US Department of Energy also states that “…heating and cooling systems in the United States together emit 150 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere each year, adding to global climate change. They also generate about 12% of the nation’s sulfur dioxide and 4% of the nitrogen oxides, the chief ingredients in acid rain.”
At Ideal Air Heating & Air Conditioning, we have dedicated ourselves to doing our part to assist our community in efforts to be environmentally responsible… “One Home and Business at a Time!” Help us in our efforts by making your home as energy efficient as possible. Discover what you can do to help with our Energy “Money Saving” Survey.
Even if it’s not time for you to get a new high energy furnace installation, our highly-trained technicians will perform a complete Energy Maintenance Check-up during your furnace service to make sure your current system is as efficient as possible:
- Check thermostat settings to make sure your system keeps you comfortable when you are home and save energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of your Heating and Cooling Systems.
- Lubricate all moving parts. When parts lack lubrication, friction is created and that causes operations to slow and energy use to go way up, requiring additional furnace repair.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your cooling system. A clogged drain can cause water damage, affect indoor humidity levels, and air quality in the home.
- Check controls of the system to look for proper and safe operation. Check system cycles to assure it starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
Check all gas (or oil) connections, pressure, burner and heat exchanger. Poorly operating connections can create fire hazards and can contribute to serious health problems. An unclean burner or cracked heat exchanger are main causes of improper burner operation and need immediate furnace repair.
Things to Check for Yourself
Inspect, clean, or change out air filters once a month in your heating and cooling systems. We will be happy to show you how to do this and recommend the right filter for your needs. Dirty filters can increase energy costs, create poor indoor air quality, damage your equipment and lead to early system failures.